Sh. Vivekanand Rai(IRS) Director Tourism, Jammu
Bestowed with an enthralling scenic beauty amidst the proud mountain ranges, Jammu exhibits all the qualities that make it a most sought after tourist destination. The Department of Tourism, J&K, is the main developmental, promotional and regulatory arm of the J&K Government. Its main role comprises of overall planning and execution of schemes for the development, upgradation and improvement of tourism infrastructure in different parts of the
Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
Alongwith promotion and marketing of various destinations and indigenous Products with the support to the private sector, the Department of Tourism also regulates travel trade. The Department of Tourism has Tourist offices in all the tourist resorts of the Union Territory, as well as 6 promotional offices outside the UT of J&K, one each at New Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Chennia and Kolkata. There is one Provincial Directorate of Tourism each for Jammu and Kashmir divisions and an engineering Division for execution of various schemes. An endeavour has been crusaded by the Directorate of Tourism, Jammu, for generating awareness as well as facilitating user friendly methods to the tourists, about this bewitching blend of breath taking mountains, heavenly meadows, lush green forests, sweet springs and picturesque alpine sceneries. Painted by the Gods with natural hues on the canvas of nature itself, every connoisseur of aesthetics can taste culture, art, cuisine, folklores and a platter of glorified perpetuated history that the forts and Palaces of Jammu offer. The saga of such unflinching glory must be celebrated and reverence to the pilgrim destinations be accorded.
We have identified few best destinations in each District after receiving encouraging inquisitive response from various travel marts organised Nationally and Internationally. We are looking forward to host a big fillip in the arrival of tourists and to see Jammu become and abode of solace for all escapades and wanderers.
Jammu - where the soul meets its primordial source.
Let's Explore Jammu Tourism! go for details
- Type Test of qualified Class-IV employees .
- Tentative Seniority list of Directorate of Tourism Jammu- Extension Notice thereof .
- IMPORTANT CIRCULARS .
- Tentative Seniority of Officials of Directorate of Tourism Jammu .
- Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Policy 2020 .
- Constitution of Internal Complain Comittees (ICC) and implementation of various provisions of Sexual Harassment of women at work place .
- Engagement of Event Management Agencies with the Directorate of Tourism, Jammu for conceptualizing and organizing various fairs/festivals/events including road shows for a period of one year .
- Particpation of J&K Tourism in Travel Mart and Road Shows .
- Guidelines for entry of Tourists in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir in Phase-1 valid w.e.f 14.07.2020 .
- e-NIT No. 11 of 2020 dated 08/06/2020, e-tender for supply of novelty items viz Memontos/Trophies/I-Card/Track Suit etc. Details available on jktenders.gov.in. .
- e-NIT No. 10 of 2020 dated 08/06/2020, e-tender for engagment of agency for printing and pvc framing of Photos/Posters. Details available on jktenders.gov.in. .
- e-NIT No. 9 of 2020 dated 08/06/2020, e-tender for designing, printing and providing and installation of flexes/hoardings/banners. Details available on jktenders.gov.in. .
- 150 Years of Celeberating the Mahatma
- Navratras Festival in Katra
- Jammu Darshan
- Celebrate these Navratras in Katra
- Lal Draman Festival 1 2019
- Lal Draman Festival 2 2019
- Video of LaL Draman Festival 2019
- Programme Schedule and Main Attractions For LaL Draman Festival 2019
Take a moment!
Lose yourself in
some of Jammu's mostinspiring destinations and vibrant places.
See Top Destinations Now!