Functions of the Directorate
- Up-gradation and improvement of the tourism infrastructure in different parts of the Jammu Division.
- To identify new areas having tourist potential, build the requisite infrastructure in these areas and then to promote them.
- To make the locals in new as well as established resorts the stake holder in Tourism and to extend the benefits of tourism to them.
- To act as a mechanism for protection of environment by means of framing strict building regulations for resorts and by making locals and tourists aware of the need to respect and protect gifts of nature.
- Promotion of the State using all possible modes of publicity, focusing tourism sector.
- Restoration of sites of all religious faiths and promotion of Pilgrim Tourism.
- Preservation of the unique culture and heritage of the State and to promote the same as tourist attractions.
- Development of Infrastructure related to Adventure Tourism.
- Administration of the Registration of Tourist Trade Act in order to ensure that tourists are not cheated/ overcharged.
- Support to the private sector/industry by providing incentives in the form of interest, subsidy on loans advanced by various financial institutions for setting up or upgrading various tourism units.
FUNCTIONS OF VARIOUS WINGS OF DIRECTORATE OF TOURISM, JAMMU
- Department of Tourism undertakes publicity, promotional and marketing activities abroad with the objective of showcasing Tourism potential and its various Tourism products. These activities include dissemination of information through printed publicity material in local languages, advertising through electronic, print and digital media, outdoor branding, participation in travel & trade fairs and exhibitions & organizing road shows.
- Production & distribution of publicity material like folders, brochures and posters.
- Sponsoring participation of the State’s travel-trade delegations in various Travel Marts and Expos within the country and abroad and conduct of familiarization tours of leading travel agents, tour operators and travel writers from within the country and abroad to different parts of the State.
- Release of advertisements in newspapers/magazines and coordination of various marketing efforts.
- Holding of festivals in different parts of the State- highlighting the unique cultural under tones of each region.
- Holding of road shows/ Travel Tourism Fairs/Marts/Exhibitions/Summits within and outside the country. Besides this, Directorate of Tourism organizes festivals of National and local importance and adventure activities for promotion of tourist destinations of Jammu.
- For safeguarding the interests of tourists visiting Jammu and Kashmir, the State has enacted a special legislation titled the “Jammu and Kashmir Registration of Tourist Trade Act, 1978/1982.” The registration wing is vested with the powers of enforcing the provisions of this Act.
- Registration of various Tourism units such as Hotel/Travel Agency/Dealers under the Tourist Trade Act, 1978/1982.
- Redressel of the complaints of various Tourists visiting the State.
Maintenance and Works Wing:
- Maintenance and works wing is looking after the execution of tourism related works civil and electric and maintenance of all tourism assets.
Functioning of Deputy Director Tourism, (Planning) Jammu
Deputy Director Tourism (Planning) deals with the planning apparatus which includes formulation of plan and proposals for seeking Financial Assistance from Ministry of Tourism, Government of India at provincial level, and its submission to Administrative Deptt. for obtaining of approval of the Planning and Development Department and Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. S/He monitors all the schemes being implemented in the field and provides necessary assistance to the Director in effective implementation of the schemes under the control of the department. The officer also deals with cases related to Incentives, subsidies and figures related to Tourist arrival as per detail given below:
- State Plan formulation and monitoring.
- Preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual returns under various schemes/projects.
- Monitoring/follow up of the projects sanctioned by the MOT, GOI under various schemes (Rural Tourism/PIDDC under CFA/Projects under PMRP/STF).
- Submission of UCs under various Centrally Sponsored Schemes.
- Tourism Incentives.
- Maintenance of Statistical Data.
- Task Force constituted vide Govt. Order No. 1042-GAD of 2008 dated: 29-07-2008.
The particulars of the planning Department are as under
|1.||The particular of the section, functions and duties||The section is headed by Dy. Director Tourism (PD&MD), Jammu assisted by:-
|2.||The powers and duties of employees in a particular section||To assist the Director Tourism to formulate the CAPEX Budget and release of funds under CAPEX Budget & CFA (CSS).|
|3.||The norms set for the discharge of its functions||To assist the Director Tourism to formulate the CAPEX Budget and release of funds under CAPEX Budget & CFA (CSS).|
|4.||The rules, regulations. Instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions||All records pertaining to formulation of CAPEX Budget and release of funds. Preparation of monthly progress reports and statistical returns under CAPEX Budget & CFA (PIDDC , Rural Tourism Scheme, Hunnar-Se-Rozgar Tak &|
|5.||A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control||All records pertaining to formulation of CAPEX Budget and release of funds. Preparation of monthly progress reports and statistical returns under CAPEX Budget & CFA (PIDDC , Rural Tourism Scheme & Hunnar-Se-Rozgar Tak) as per Annexure ‘B, C, D, E, F, G & H’|
|6.||Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form||Information in respect of Plan Formulation and release of funds under CAPEX Budget & CFA (PIDDC , Rural Tourism Scheme & Hunnar-Se-Rozgar Tak) as per Annexure ‘B, C, D, E, F, G & H’.|
Click here to get information about
SECTION-WISE FUNCTIONING OF DEPARTMENT